Old 04-22-2015, 05:00 AM

Default Access-A-Ride yellow taxi debit card program

Access-A-Ride yellow taxi debit card program

http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/pas...bit_card.shtml

Use a New York City Yellow Taxi for Your Access-A-Ride Trips
The MTA and the TLC have worked together to make wheelchair-accessible yellow taxis available for select Access-A-Ride (AAR) trips. Today, the program is available to some Access-A-Ride registrants with routine trips in Manhattan using the New York City Transit AAR Yellow Taxi Debit Card program.
Find out if you are eligible by calling the Access-A-Ride Program Subscription Unit's Yellow Taxi Hotline at (718) 393-4420.
• What are the benefits of participating in the Access-A-Ride Yellow Taxi Debit Card program?
•How do I find out if I am eligible?
•How much does an Access-A-Ride Yellow Taxi trip cost?
•As a participant in the Access-A-Ride Yellow Taxi Debit Card program, how would I get a taxi?
•How can I find an accessible taxi if I am not an Access-A-Ride registrant?
•What if I need a pickup outside Manhattan?

• What are the benefits of participating in the Access-A-Ride Yellow Taxi Debit Card program?

Participants enjoy all the benefits of yellow taxi service for the cost of an Access-A-Ride trip.

Faster trips: You are the only passenger and travel time may be significantly lower than in shared ride options, as there are no other passengers to be picked up or dropped off.
Booking options: You can request that an accessible taxi be sent to your location right away or a specific time in the future. You may:
Hail a taxi, or;
Request a taxi through the TLC's Accessible Dispatch program

If you book your trip through the TLC Accessible Dispatch program, additional benefits include:

The taxi will arrive 15 minutes after the request for most trips.
Flexible booking. You can choose to contact the dispatcher at the time you are ready to travel or you can schedule multiple trips weeks in advance.
The taxi driver will wait for 10 minutes after arriving at the pick-up location.

• How do I find out if I am eligible?

To find out if you can use taxis for your Access-A-Ride trips, please call the Access-A-Ride program Subscription Unit's Yellow Taxi Hotline at (718) 393-4420 to express your interest. The Subscription Unit's Yellow Taxi Hotline can be reached from 8:00AM to 5:00PM, seven days per week.

• How much does an Access-A-Ride Yellow Taxi trip cost?

Once deemed eligible to participate in the program, registrants pay the same cost for a yellow taxi trip as an Access-A-Ride trip. The cost per taxi trip is equivalent to the cost of a subway ride, $2.50. Access-A-Ride Yellow Taxi Debit Card registrants pre-pay the AAR fare for a minimum of ten (10) AAR trips, for a minimum pre-payment total of $25.00. The AAR registrants will then receive a prepaid debit card with a balance equal to the value of 10 Yellow Taxi fares and pay for the trip by swiping the debit card in the taxi's credit card reader.

• As a participant in the Access-A-Ride Yellow Taxi Debit Card program, how would I get a taxi?

You can hail a taxi or request a taxi to pick you up anywhere in Manhattan. The taxi can take you anywhere in the five boroughs, and parts of Nassau or Westchester County within the AAR service area. There are many ways to get an accessible taxi to pick you up in Manhattan:

Call 311
Call the NYC Accessible Taxi Dispatch Program directly: (646) 599-9999
Text the dispatcher: (646) 400-0789
Order a taxi online.
E-Hail a taxi through the Wheels on Wheels app (available free in the iTunes store and on Google play for Android)

• How can I find an accessible taxi if I am not an Access-A-Ride passenger?

Non-Access-A-Ride registrants with mobility limitations may also use any of the above methods to book accessible taxis without any pre-screening or eligibility determination. Non-Access-A-Ride registrants pay the regular metered taxi fare for the trip.
• What if I need a pickup outside Manhattan?

Individuals who need an accessible taxi outside Manhattan can contact a car service base with accessible vehicles directly. TLC is working to create a five-borough accessible dispatch program that will be available to everyone with mobility limitations—stay tuned!