Old 05-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up Matthew Reeve to run in New York City Marathon

Aww. I've often wondered how Christopher Reeve's children were doing (especially Will, the youngest). Seems his son Matthew (from an earlier marriage) will be running the marathon:

Matthew Reeve will wear bib No. 1275 at the New York City Marathon, a significant number for the son of the late Christopher Reeve.

It represents the 1.275 million people with spinal cord injuries - the money he raises will go to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation.

The 29-year-old Reeve will make his marathon debut on Nov. 1, the New York Road Runners announced Monday. He'll be part of Team Reeve, one of a record 75 official New York City Marathon charities.

"I used to live near the Columbus Circle finish line and watched people come in with a blankets around them and practically collapse," Reeve said. "I never thought I'd be one."

A kitesurfer, Reeve recently completed the film Over the Water on kiteboarding. He's just started to train for the 42.195-kilometre event with seven-kilometre jaunts, running in Central Park, along the Hudson River parkway and over the Williamsburg Bridge.

The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation supports spinal cord research, treatment and rehabilitation for those living with paralysis. Reeve will be among more than 6,000 runners for charities in the five-borough event, aiming to raise a record $21 million (U.S.) overall.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Disabled NYC Newbie

All the best to him. Good way to honour his parents.