Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2017, 05:11 PM
Jojoseahorse Jojoseahorse is offline
Disabled NYC Newbie
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Default Hello, looking for housing help

Hi there, my name is Jo; I have a daughter whose boyfriend is on disability and they have a baby. Is there anywhere in Brooklyn they can get assistance with independent living? He is currently with his mother and my daughter and the baby are living with us, but they really need to be a family. He gets a check and my daughter is almost finished school and planning to work. His mother does not want to help in any way. Any help or advice appreciated, thank you!

Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Michelle's Avatar
Michelle Michelle is offline
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 245

I'm sorry to have to tell you that the situation for subsidized and supportive housing for people with disabilities in New York City is pretty bleak at the moment. Section 8 and Section 811 haven't been available for years. Please check CIDNY's list of housing resources to see if there's anything your daughter and her boyfriend might qualify for. Best of luck!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Forum style by: ForumMonkeys
©2006 Disabled NYC
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.