Old 07-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Disabled NYC Newbie

Default What is wrong with our govt

No one cares about the disable. I live in an area where i can not get into a store with my scooter. I feel i am discrimated since i can not shop in my area. Doors do not open correctly, u pull u go back with your scooter. Aisle are so tight i can not make a turn where stores are so tiny since rent is so expensive. I feel all store owners should get from the govt money to redo the entrance and aisles, get a credit from the city for this improvement.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Disabled NYC Newbie

Being disabled and having medicare and medicaid u think u have coverage. I just found out there was separation from hospital to doctors. I was under the impression having medicaid u have both hospital and drs. Wrong. Now the govt wants money for 6 mo. One lump sum to pay for this insurance. Where do they think i am going to get this money? That is why i have medicaid. I am on a spendown. Qualifications for medicaid one person never was revised. So what is wrong with our govt? There are lots of people just barely making it since the cost of living has gone up.my food stamps went down, my spenddown went up from medicaid., luck if i make the end of the month with my food stamps. Shopping for food is higher than usual. I get no income from anywhere i depend on ss to pay half of my rent. Other half i beg and grap where ever i can to make the rent each mo.